Classroom Grants support academic excellence and innovation; community and school partnerships; and matching funds for external grants. These grants are awarded in the fall and spring of each year. Completed grant applications for Spring 2018 must be delivered to the ZEF office (900 N. Mulberry Street in Zionsville) by 4 PM on April 10, 2018.
- Download and read the Grant Proposal Guidelines 2017-18 to learn how to properly fill out a grant cover sheet and proposal, to discover which activities are (or aren’t) eligible to receive grant money, and to inform yourself of other restrictions and conditions.
- Download and read the Grant Proposal Grid and use it (along with the Grant Proposal Guidelines) as a guide when writing your proposal. Proposals (typed single-space on 8 ½˝ x 11˝ white paper, using one side only) should be a maximum of four pages, including the budget and provided cover sheet.
- In addition to your Cover Sheet and Proposal narrative, you must include a one- to two-sentence overview of the project for which you need funding. If the grant is selected and approved, this overview will be used by ZEF for press releases and social media. NOTE: This should not be a substitute for (or a duplication of) the “Abstract” portion of the grant narrative.
- Submit your completed application (consisting of a Cover Page, Overview, Narrative and Budget) to the Zionsville Education Foundation Office at 900 N. Mulberry Street, Zionsville, IN 46077 no later than 4 PM on Monday, September 18, 2017 (for grants awarded in the fall for Spring Semester projects) and no later than 4 PM on Tuesday, April 10, 2018 (for grants awarded in the spring for Summer/Fall Semester projects).
- Grant recipients will be notified by Tuesday, February 27, 2018.
- Grant recipients will be responsible for submit a brief summary report (or Grant Follow-Up Form) within (a) four weeks after their project’s completion or (b) one year of their grant award. Failure to complete and return this report will negatively impact the recipient’s eligibility for future grants.
Downloadable forms and other materials
- ZEF Grant Cover Sheet 2018
- Grant Proposal Guidelines 2017-18
- Grant Proposal Grid
- Grant Evaluation Rubric
- Grant Follow Up Form
- “How to be Awarded a ZEF Grant”– 40-minute Q & A with ZEF Grant Superstars