What are Donors Choose Matching Funds?
Through a generous grant from the Community Foundation of Boone County, ZEF provides matching funds to ZCS educators raising funds for an educational project through DonorsChoose.org.
Apply for Donors Choose Funds
- Before beginning, download and read the Donors Choose Guidelines to learn which types of Donors Choose projects are (and aren’t) eligible for ZEF grants.
- Go to the DonorsChoose.org page for teachers and click the “Get Started” button.
- Set up a teacher account. Then follow the instructions on that website to create and post a fundraising project with an educational purpose, and tap into your own network of potential donors.
- ZEF will fund a maximum of $250 per Donors Choose project. For grant requests totaling $500 or less, ZEF will fund the second half of the grant. For grant requests totaling over $500, ZEF will fund the last $250 of the grant.
- Teachers can email the ZEF office at [email protected] when a Donors Choose project becomes eligible for ZEF matching funds. Keep in mind that all calculations are based on the project cost minus any optional Donors Choose donations.